Friday, December 02, 2005

Salt and Pepper

The saltspray of the passing cars, combined with the setting sun made for quite another driving experience. I think I must have used up to 2 litres of windscreenwash.
Another downside of the bright sun almost made an early end to my trip, maybe even my life. It had melted the snowcovered roads, and when I passed near Granna, there was a cold wind blowing over the lake which froze a thick layer of ice to the road. On this I managed to spin the car with trailer a 180° to end up front facing back on the highway. I managed to pull out some roaddividers during my spin and was lucky to slide to the left, as on the right it was the deep end of the lake, some 400 metres down the slope. And they say your life flashes by when in a life threatening situation, but all I could think of was that the trailer wasn't mine but belonged to Long Tall Eddy von der S. Luckily there was no real damage to any of my vehicles, apart from some bended fenders. And luckily there were rescueteams patroling the highway which blocked of the road so I could turn into the right direction. And they let me go of without a hitch even though I trashed the roaddividers. In Belgium it would have cost me an arm and a leg for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home