Monday, February 27, 2006

Autoworld

Last Thursday and Friday, me and my gal went to the Brussels Autoworld. We had to go two days in a row, because on the first outing I got lost in Brussels and we had to head back home without even seeing a single classic car. That will teach me to leave without looking on the map.
The museum is built up with cars of the collection of Mahy, one of our biggest Renault dealers, so a lot of French cars were on display. There was also a nice tan 912 on the first floor and of course there had to be a Beetle on display. And what a fine example it was, a 50 split. At first glance I noticed the wrong bumpers and different headlights. I'm not a big connoisseur but I bet there's a lot more faulty details on this car. Who can spot them.
It was a fun day out, but the museum has known it's better days. Maybe we should all start a fund for the preservance of such a nice heritage and donate for some new carpets and displays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home