Saturday, December 02, 2006

Porker-crazy

This is one of the reasons Svenska Bubbla was a bit on the backburner. I was trying to move up the automotive scale a notch by trading my little Red for a more potent crossbreed, a VoPo. Look at the joy on the faces of these 70-ties escapees all courtesy of the little targa-topped sportscar.

This car tempted me into this foolishness. I was going to have a look at this one while in Stockholm, picking up the dubbelhyt pickis. But a friend of mine warned me about this car, for it already was for sale for the past two years. So there must be something fishy going on with this California import.

But a seed was sown, so I started looking for a 914 in Belgium. I even went to see one, seemed like a good deal, an all original 74 2-liter on baby-fuchs, rustfree, almost. Lucky for me I had read up on the Ugly 914 and the illustrous hell-hole. From the very first look on this car I was in love with the Ravenna GrĂ¼n, but it was spoiled with badly bondo-ed patches, it lacked some of its looked after parts, had a hit front and rear and worst of all a lot of rust in all the typical spots, including the dreaded hell-hole under the battery tray. It had eaten it's way through the car so I could easily put my hand through the right heaterchannel. And the seller also assured me of the perfect engine, but never actually had heard it running as there was an oil-leak.

So, I'll stick to my red-over-blue-over-black-over-alabaster, Rocksolid '59 for the time being. I know it can beat three-five-sixes any day, so I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home