Friday, December 02, 2005

aircooled convoy

After nearly 3200 km of hard driving, this is what my combo looked like. Notice that the Brick is aircooled, only a 1600, yet it managed to get me home. Only just, as I ran out of gasmoney and had to lend some money from some Belgians on a bussinesstrip in Germany. But you can't blame that on the car, now can you, it's just a bit thirsty.
But less thirsty than I would have thought. My estimate is it drinks around 12,5 litres of petrol for a 100 Km. Which is Okay by me.
Oh, and I always wondered why they called it a Brick. Now I know, try running uphill with the wind in your face and you'll soon see it has the aerodynamics of a one. Struggling to get 70 Km on the highway, that's not even 50 mph for you un-metricky ones, is once again no fun at all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, i know the feeling.... (happy those days are over)

it's realy almost like you feel like you can walk up the hill faster than your van can pull...

respect to you guys!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home